Baby Turkey Prints is one of the Thanksgiving
crafts for babies. Learn how to make turkeys using hand and foot
Baby Turkey Prints
Thanksgiving Day gives you an opportunity to spend quality time with your family, especially your little kids. And what better way to utilize this time with your children than to involve them in some interesting crafts. One of the crafts which kids will surely love to make is the baby turkey craft. Simple and less time-consuming, it can also be turned into an interesting family activity for Thanksgiving. In fact, it can be the best Thanksgiving gift for parents who have small kids. Children will love to participate in the making of this turkey craft, as it uses the cutouts of their hand and feet tracings. You can also keep the turkey prints as mementos, with the exact date of the craft written on the back. Later on, your children will be able to enjoy them, comparing the growing size of their hands and feet as well as sharing earlier Thanksgiving memories.
How to Make Turkeys Using Baby Hand and Foot Prints
- Old Newspaper
- White, Yellow, Orange, Red, Tan and Brown Construction Paper
- Wiggle Eyes (Optional)
Method Of Preparation
- Cover your workplace with sheets of newspaper.
- Trace the child's feet along with the shoes on brown construction, using the pencil.
- Cut the tracings using the scissors.
- Trace child's both hands on tan construction paper, red construction paper and orange construction paper and one hand on yellow construction paper.
- Cut out all the hand tracings.
- Now take the brown feet tracings and glue them in such a way that both the heels overlap each other while the rest of it is little spread out.
- Heel will be the face of the turkey while bottom part will be the body of the turkey.
- Cut out a diamond-shaped beak from the orange construction paper and glue it over turkey's face.
- Attach the wiggle eyes in place or draw a pair of turkey's eyes and color them.
- Cut out a wattle for the turkey from red construction paper and glue it just below turkey's head.
- The yellow, orange and red hand tracings are to be attached as turkey's tail to the body.
- The tan hand tracings will be the wings for your turkey.
Comment On This Article