One of the teen accessory craft ideas, Trash to
Treasure Belt is an unusual belt craft for teenagers.
Trash to Treasure Belt
Make a fashion statement with Venetian blinds weights. This rough and
tough heavy-duty belt goes well as an accessory with jeans or your
leather trousers. Tie it around your waist and show it off or gift it to
your fashionable and yet sporty friends and earn the appreciation that
you deserve. This unusual belt is very easy to make too and make
excellent gifts and party favors for teenage girl birthday parties.
Things You Will Need:
- 1 ½ Yards of Velvet Cording
- 12-14 Weights from Vertical Venetian Blinds
- 2 Sponge Brushes
- Antiquing Paint Set
- Remove the chains joining weights.
- Clean the weights thoroughly.
- Apply copper paint on the weights using the sponge brush and keep
- When the paint is partially dry, daub the weights lightly with
the antiquing solution for a verdigris finish.
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Tie a knot about eight inches from one end of the velvet cord and
weave it through the holes in the weights.
- Leave about one inch of cord between each weight and tie a knot
before and after you slide in each weight, so that they do not keep
- When the belt reaches the desired length, tie a knot after the
last weight and another at the end of the cord and tie it around
your waist using the free ends of the belt.
Comment On This Article