Stuffed elephants, with their cute trunks, surely fascinate kids. Read this article to learn how to make stuffed elephant craft.
Stuffed Elephant Craft
There will hardly be any child on this earth who doesn't like to play with stuffed toys. In fact, these toys make one of the few cherished possession of a young kid. However, with the ever-increasing prices of these stuff toys, not every parent can afford to buy them. So, here we have come up with an easy and less expensive way of getting interesting stuffed animals for your kid - making them yourself. One of the most lovable stuffed animals is a baby elephant, looking adorable with its cute trunk. Want to know how to make it? Read on. Given here is an easy and interesting way to make a stuffed elephant for your kid. Read the instructions, collect raw materials and start making a lovely stuffed elephant for your darling baby.
How To Make Stuffed Elephant
- 1 pair Socks
- Stuffing (Quilting Cotton or Poly-fill)
- Pipe Cleaners
- Moving Eyes/ Buttons
- First of all, you will need to cut 3½ inches off rib of sock.
- Thread the needle and sew a 1/8 inch seam, 3 inches from the heel, on each side of the center line and across the end of the ribbing.
- You will now need to cut the sock between the seams. Now, go 1½ inches farther and make an opening for the stuffing, with the help of the cut.
- In the next step, you will need to turn the sock right side out.
- Now, you will have to make the head and body of the elephant. For the head, put the stuffing into the foot of the sock and make it plump. You will have to use a ribbon to tie off loosely at the neck.
- Next, cut 1½ inch circles of cardboard and insert it into the feet and stuff. After you are finished with the stuffing, sew legs and slit in the crotch. With this, you will have one seam on underside of the body and the other up, toward the tail.
- For making the legs of the elephant, cut the second sock between the heel and rib. Turning it inside out, seam along one side and across the foot. Now, place the pieces of cardboard in fee, stuff, and attach near the front of the body.
- In order to make the mouth of the elephant, cut the heel of the second sock and stuff it lightly. Now, attach it to the head and shape the mouth, stitching across the center.
- Cut one of the sides of the foot of the sock, in a way that it is about 1 inch wide at one end and 6 inches at the other. Following this, round the wide end, fold in half lengthwise (inside out) and seam along one edge and around the narrow end.
- Insert a piece of wire through the length of the trunk, to make it bend and hold in various positions. Use pipe cleaner as tuskers.
- Cut two pieces, from the foot of the second dock, in the shape of the ears. Seam, turn right-side out and sew on level with the highest point of the trunk.
- Attach moving eyes or buttons as the eyes of the elephant. Cut a piece of the sock to serve as the tail, roll it, stitch into place and sew to the elephant.
Comment On This Article