Making family tree is a perfect family reunion
craft for kids. Learn how to make family tree here.
Making Family Tree
Making a family tree with your kids can offer a large number of benefits. One of the main ones is that it helps make your children familiar with their ancestry. At the same time, it helps them spend their time creatively. The perfect craft for kids, it can prove to be an interesting activity for family reunions. The entire family can participate in the craft and help the kids in making the tree. It is a fun and enjoyable activity and everyone can share a good quality time together while making this tree. The craft that is quite economical to make, as it does not need any fancy trimmings. To learn how to make an attractive family tree, go through the information provided below.
How To Make Family Tree
Things You Will Need
- Photo of Each Family Member
- Sketch Pens, Crayons or Paints For Coloring
- Thick Sheets of Green Paper in Different Shades
- Using the pencil Draw thick branches of a large tree on cardstock and cut the tree out.
- Ask all the family members to put their hands on a thick sheet of paper and use the pencil to trace their handprint. These handprints will be the leaves of the tree. Cut them out too.
- Put the photo of each family member on his or her handprint and put his or her birth date using sketch pen below it.
- After doing so, paint the cardstock in brown color and assemble the tree on the wall.
- Arrange the handprints in such a way that the wrist is towards the branch and fingers are spreading outwards.
- Spread out the handprints so that at the end, the tree is entirely covered with leaves.
- You can add bird, monkey, nests with eggs or tree house cutouts to decorate your tree.