Baby Fleece Blanket is an easy sewing craft. Learn
how to make baby fleece blanket here.
Baby Fleece Blanket
For a mother, making quilt, sweaters and cozy blankets for the 'new member' of the family can be a lot of fun. It not only provides a sense of satisfaction for the mother (because she sews the comforters for her baby on her own), but also cuts the expenses of buying the same from stores. While making a blanket for your baby, you should consider few things. First, the blanket should be soft and warm, so that the baby can be comfortable and feel cozy in it. Next, it should be attractive, brightly colored and easily washable. Micro fleece is a perfect answer to make a beautiful and cozy blanket for your baby. If you want to make the baby fleece blanket craft, then this article is what you need. Go through the following lines and get the instructions for making baby fleece blanket craft.
How To Make Baby Fleece Blanket
Things You Will Need
- Appliqué Template
- Micro Fleece Fabric in Contrasting Colors
- Straight Pins
- Tailor's Chalk
- Thin Cardboard
- Trace an appliqué design on a thin cardboard and cut it out. Go for simple designs, especially if you are a beginner.
- Trace the design on the fabric using tailor's chalk and cardboard pattern and cut out appliqués leaving about ¼ inch of extra cloth from the outline for seam allowance and border.
- Stitch the micro-fleece fabric together to form the blanket.
- Pin the appliqué to the fabric for the blanket.
- Attach the appliqué using over lock stitch, zigzag stitch or straight stitch along its entire perimeter.
- Put the two pieces of fabric in such a way that appliquéd sides face each other.
- Pin the sides together and sew leaving a ¼ inch seam around the entire perimeter.
- Leave about 4-inch opening on one side and turn the blanket right side out from it.
- Do not iron the blanket as the fleece may melt. Therefore, just press the edges flat with your fingers.
- Stitch the opening shut.
- Create a 2-inch flange border from the edge using zigzag or over lock stitch.