Apple slice gift basket is a good basket craft for
teacher. Learn how to make Teacher's Day gift basket here.
Apple Slice Gift Basket
Easter is celebrated with great dedication and devotion all around the world. On this occasion, people exchange gifts and wish their loved ones with good health and prosperity. One can find different kinds of gifts in the market, around Easter, suiting almost every pocket and choice. However, if you want to add a personal touch to your gift, then we have just the right idea for you. Rim a basket with dried apple slices, flowers and ribbons of different kind; fill it with assorted gifts; wrap it up nicely and present it your friends, relatives or teachers, on Easter. You can dry the apple slices at home or buy them from the market. While this apple slice gift basket is sure to be a hit on Easter, it also makes an unusual gift basket for baby showers, birthdays and Teachers Day.
How To Make Apple Slice Gift Basket
- 2 yard of Wired Ribbon that is about 2 1/2" wide
- 24 Dried Apple Slices
- Assorted Gift Items and Knick Knacks
- Brown Basket with preferably 5" radius
- Hot Glue/Gun
Method Of Preparation
- Cut the apples in ¼ inch slices and dip them in lemon juice so that they do not discolor.
- Place them on paper towel lined dish and cover with more paper towels.
- Line a glass pie pan with 4 layers of paper towels and then microwave it at half the power for about three minutes.
- Turn the fruit over to drier areas of paper towels and again microwave it at half the power for 2 minutes.
- Let it air dry by keeping these apple slices on a glass plate lined with paper towels and keep it in a warm, dry place.
- To quicken the process of drying and better color of the slices, change the paper towels several times in a day.
- Shape two beautiful bows from the ribbon and keep them aside.
- Glue the leftover ribbon to the rim of the basket.
- You may make curves and small loops as you glue down the ribbon to the rim of the basket to make it look more beautiful.
- Add the bows to the base of each handle of the basket or on either sides of the handle of the basket.
- Add one apple slice to the center of each bow using the glue and stick other slices around the rim of the basket in clusters of two or three.
- Stuff the bottom of the basket with pretty paper or fabric.
- Fill the basket with appropriate goodies depending on whom you are making the gift basket for.
- For teachers, you can put in pens, small diaries etc while for baby showers, you can put in toys, baby-grooming set and even a box of baby diapers or wipers.
Comment On This Article